Sunday, May 8, 2011



I am so blessed to share my life in the service of 4 little children. I know one day they will not be little anymore, but they will always feel like my little children. I have been greatly blessed to have my mom set an amazing example of how I should teach my children and what to teach them. I am again blessed to be a member of a church that emphasizes the importance of motherhood. There are many many days where I feel less than adequate. There are many days that I wonder what we were ever thinking having these children. And then there are more days that I just wish I had 12 of them. Children bring amazing joy to my heart. My mother has helped me so much along the way and I would not be the mother I am today without her.


One day, Haylee and I were in the car. She was discussing with me how much she is like me and she said that she is just like me. I went on to inform her that even though we are very similar, she is not just like me. She was a bit confused and she asked how she was different. I explained a few traits she picked up from Dave and some ways that she is unique all of her own. Then I went on to explain that hopefully she would be better than me and learn from mistakes I have made and be a better mother than me. She then ponders that a moment and says to me, "Mom, I want to be just like you."


Oh the sweet voice of an 8 year old telling her mother she wants to be just like her. I just hope at age 8, I said to my mom, "Mom, I want to be just like you."


We celebrated Mothers Day last week and I received a few great gifts from Dave and the kids. I had almost forgotten that today was the real mothers day because I had already celebrated. But as I awoke today to "Mothers Day" I was feeling tired and worn. Laycee was being her very stubborn self and Logan was awoken by Trent making his rather cranky. Haylee tried to be the little mother she is and it was not well received. It was not feeling like a day of celebration at all. But then I remembered this video I had seen another time. I hope these words can touch you the way they have touched me.




To all those that are mothers to little children, Happy Mothers Day. To all those who are mothers to grown children, Congrats on making it through. Happy Mothers Day. To all of those who long to be mothers, Happy Mother's Day, you are motherly to some child because that is our divine destiny.

1 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

Thanks Lexi. I do what I can and always will......