Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hands on Children Museum

On Saturday Feb 28th, we took the children to the Olympia Hands on Children's Museum. We were again looking for something to do to get the kids out of the hotel and out of the car. We drove about 20 minutes south and on the way passed by the capital building. Well really, the museum is right across the street.
We started in the ball room. You put the balls in the chutes and watch them travel.
Haylee loved the suction.
Then we moved onto the pins area. The kids and Dave LOVED this.
They put their faces in it.
I took the twins to the toddler section while Dave and the big kids went to another section.
Then we all met back up at the water section, where I swear we played for an hour.
They constructed and reconstructed the track to see what the best possible route was.
I got bored playing in the water, so I played with the blocks.
The kids made toothbrushes in the art center.
And then we went grocery shopping.
They filled their baskets
And paid for it.
Trent is really good with numbers, so it didn't take him long to figure it out.
But there wasa some serious money learning going on here.
It was a really fun place to visit and I am glad we got the chance to visit. It is about 40 minutes from out house now, but I am thinking I might get a yearly pass so that during the summer time I can take the kids more often and keep them busy.














0 comments: