Saturday, May 26, 2012

Uncrustables

I stole this idea.  Pampered Chef sells a device that makes "uncrustables".  When I saw it on a friend's facebook page, I just HAD to try it.  So I actually bought the tool on amazon (ha ha) and I couldn't wait to try it.  I laid out the bread
 These ended up out of order... sorry, here is the finished product.
 I put on some natural peanut butter and homemade jelly.
Here are a few things I learned.  While I do love this very much... the decruster does not work very well on "whole" breads.  I used spelt and multigrain fresh breads because we loves those but the bread is too dense and dry to cut properly.  I tried a separate time from what is pictured here with grocery story wheat bread and it worked much better.  The problem with that, is we don't normally eat that type of bread.  On the up side, the kids didn't care if the bread was cracked or not perfect because they loved the idea so of coure the sandwiches tasted better!  With the left over crusts, I stored them in the fridge until I was ready to make a french toast bake.  It was delicious!  I have really enjoyed taking the time to try all these new things in the kitchen.  My time is so limited right now so I always love it when I can look back on the time spent and feel like it was worth it.

0 comments: