Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Preparedness

Well this post is really about preparedness, but I hd to come up with a place to put these cute pictues of my kids and my sister's kids playing in the sprinklers.

 So last year year when we were trying to decide what to do about Dave in the Middle East and when he would come home, a thought kept coming to us to get adequate food storage.  We have always tried to do our best getting a food storage, but with the many moves and fighting with the military about it, it was seriously diminished.  So Dave saw a great deal through costco on a 4 person 9 month supply that came with fruits and veggies plus the basics.  Here it is the day it arrived... all 368 #10 cans of it!
 Here is my attempt at organizing it.
 Here is one closet.  This closet is all food storage. Both the bunk beds also have cans under them.  We did not know what was ahead, but I have to say that I am thankful for that prompting from the Lord and the prophets preaching food storage.  We have been living on it for months now.  We planned ahead for the possibility that our company wouldn't take off or Dave wouldn't find a job.  Well, that is what happened.  We have been so blessed by this storage.  We lack some of the more quality and fresh foods we have been accustomed to, but I know that at least my children are not going hungry at night.
 Here is a green onion from my garden.  My mom had extras from hers and so she passed ome off and they turned out amazing!
 Getting it upstairs to put under the kid's bed.
I am thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in my life.  I am thankful for the Holy Ghost so I can communicate with our Heavenly Father.  I am thankful Dave listened when prompted so we have food to feed our children.

0 comments: