Monday, April 21, 2008

Flags

Boy, do my children know a lot about flags. I would like to relay this conversation we had about flags tonight.
(Haylee was holding a minature Italian Flag)
Haylee- Look mom, that flag looks like the one I am holding. You know the French flag (lol)
Me- No Haylee that is the Italian flag.
Haylee- Oh yeah, the French flag is almost the same only with blue.
Me- You are so smart (I had to google it to make sure she was correct!!)
Haylee- I know what the china flag looks like.
Me- You do?
Haylee- Yeah it is all red with a yellow picture.
Trent- What about the American Flag?
Haylee- It is red, white and blue, with white stars.
Trent- I know a new flag, from Kuwait (Whoa buddy, where did this come from?). It is blue and yellow.
Okay, so the Kuwait flag is not blue and yellow, but I was blown out of the water that he knew there was a flag for Kuwait! And I couldn't believe how much detail Haylee gave me. I thought it was funny though that she told me she was holding the French flag, but then proceeded to tell me exactly what the French flag looked like lol. So the conversation continued on, but I wanted to just share a little bit of the hightlights of it. I was amazed and laughing because they just learn so much.

2 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

I guess children learn more than we think they do. Everyone has gone home now and I miss then already.

Kevin W. Fosburgh said...

Haha, Trent must be learning about Kuwait in school.