Monday, June 2, 2008

Luxembourg

During our time in Germany, I looked on the map to see if we could make it to another country in Europe. When I was looking, I saw this tiny country that I didn't know existed. I put it in the GPS (thanks Julie for letting us borrow it!) and it was only 1.5 hours away. So, on Saturday, we set out to see Luxembourg the tiny country bordering, Belgium, Germany and France. It was a really neat country because the architecture looked like it came straight from America. It appeared that some places we saw German and some French. We were confused as to what language they spoke. According to wikipedia lol, it said they are a trilingual country that speaks French, German, and Luxembourgish. It was a really cool place to see and we LOVED the shopping.



On our way back to the car, we stopped in a little shopping alley ( I don't know of an equivalent in the states so you know what I am talking about, but they are common in Europe) Anyway, there was a Brazilian shop that we were looking at and we turned around to see a store selling...

Yup you see that right, weed! After our shock and good laugh, we headed back to the car and saw this cute train in the park along the way.






It was a fun day and nice to see one more European country. We have now seen, Italy, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Austria and Germany. And in a few weeks, Dave goes to Portugal.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Luxembourgh also has the BEST chocolate in Europe, in my humble opinion. I agree it is a cute little country, I'm glad you got the chance to see it.

Peg and Her Story said...

great idea. lol about the weed...it's the same in Netherlands, they are just more tolerant, they don't look at it the same way we American's do!