Monday, September 21, 2009

Movies

On Saturday, we had a little work to do. We had to take the "big" stuff over to the storage shed. The kids had a primary activity that day, so we were able to take all the seats out of the van and carry most of that over there. But when the kids were done, I told Dave I wanted to have another fun family day. We have been trying to bank as many of those as possible while he is still here. So, we took the kids to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I really like that book, so I figured we would go see it. We LOVED it. The kids loved it, I loved it and Dave said "it was pretty good". Which means, it was good for a kid movie. So... if you are wondering if you should see it... DO. It is over the top cheesy, but oh so funny.
Then we had a friend that offered to watch the kids so we could go on a date. Of course, we took her up on it, and the kids were so excited to go play with her kids. So, Dave and I headed back to the movies to see Love Happens. I have mixed reviews on this one. It was a good movie, but I thought it was going to be a romantic comedy and it totally was NOT. It was really sad drama journey movie. About the journey people take through the loss of a loved one. There is about 5 minutes of romance right in the end lol. So, it is a good movie, but NOT if you are expecting a romantic comedy.
After the movie, we headed to Old Navy to buy Dave some clothes that he needed for his deployment. (Yes to all my friends in Italy, Surprise! He doesn't wear a uniform lol). And then headed back to pick up the kids. It was another great family fun day.


1 comments:

Stephanie Walter said...

Thanks for the movie reviews! We've been wanting to see both of those movies :)