Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Humbled

I got on http://www.lds.org/ to find a lesson for my visiting teaching assignment this month. I was going to go to the conference talks from last month, when I saw a new Mormon Message video in the middle of the page called My New Life. I wanted to feel a little inspired before I got to looking for the "right" lesson for today. And I was surprised to the see the video by Stephanie Neilson.





She and her husband were flying with Doug Kinard (who passed away in the hospital and used to fly with my dad). They crashed after making a small stop. They spent months in the hospital and I remember reading on blogs everywhere of auctions and sales to raise money for their hospital bills. It has been some time since I have heard anything about them. What an inspiration to have that kind of example. I know I was humbled and uplifted this morning. I hope you all have a great day!!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I watched it a few days ago. I remember hearing about it and even seeing her family on the Today Show. She's quite the inspiration!

I SOO wish you were here. I miss you. I know we didn't hang out a lot... but it seemed like we just had a bond whenever we did hang out. Maybe someday we'll live near each other again. I'm really impressed that you're trying to finish school while Dave's gone. Seriously, really impressive. I know how it is to try to keep your mind off things. Love ya!