Thursday, August 26, 2010

On goings...

I rarely sit and just write a post, but I have no pictures to post at this moment of sitting here. I was reflecting back on my blogging days, starting when Laycee and Logan were just a few months old, and the changes that have continued through the time. I still hope to one day publish the blog as keepsakes for my children, but again that takes time. So, since time is short, today I will write.

What has been going on over here? Well Dave came and went. I think to many 16 days are insignificant, but that was the precious time we spent with him. We tried to make each day count. It was such a nice "vacation" and a much needed break from the monotony of our lives without him.

Since he has left, life has been in full swing. I debated about when to start homeschooling the kids and I just decided that the day he left, we needed that distraction, so I started. We started school after the kids here in Arizona, but still before the kids in Washington. It was a topic of internal debate for so long, but this is what they needed. I set up a "classroom" in mom's loft with Dave's help so he too could be a "part" of this. The program is amazing, but it has taken us some time to figure out a functioning schedule as well as all the enrichments that the course offers. I felt like an idiot when finally, after 6 days of teaching, I figured out what the little symbols in the teaching manual meant and where to find the corresponding material. But I keep trying to tell myself, this is a learning process for us all. Haylee is loving school of course and she really thinks that I don't offer her enough work. Trent, on the other hand, loves math and that is about the extent of it. Haylee starts at 8, Trent at 830, the twins at 9 and we finish most days about noon. I make them all wear uniforms and they get to change after they are done so there is some distinction between school and home. I have many great ideas on where I want to go from here, but as everything, it takes time and until we get moved and settled, I will make do with what we have.

Speaking of the move, we will be heading out in a few weeks. I haven't told Dave's parents the date just yet, so I don't want to announce on here, but we do have a plan. I thought I would be very excited and ready for this day, but I have come to decide that I am not really excited or ready. It feels so bittersweet. I am ready to be back together with Dave. I am ready to be a family again. But leaving behind our families and this life we have come to love is proving to be more heart breaking than I anticipated. The move is another thing of much time and energy. I find it very amazing how much "stuff" we have accumulated in the 11 months since moving here. There is no way I will be able to move everything back. So I am sorting and donating and sorting and donating and sorting and donating some more.

Dave seems to be happy right now. I think the visit home considerably improved his morale. He was ready to go back and get this deployment over with. They are making preparations to return home and he is excited about that.

That is about the best update I can offer. I have many pictures to post from Dave's visit and I hope to post those soon. We are anxiously awaiting the changes ahead, but dreading them all the same. Life may be a little hectic but we are thankful each day for the many blessings that are present in our lives. Hope all you out there in the blogging world are doing dandy!
Ciao for now

3 comments:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Lexi,
I admire you so much! Just reading your posts convinces me more and more how strong of a person you are!
I am so impressed with your outlook on life and your situation!
Please keep us updated, I'm so glad Dave was able to come home and that he will be done with his deployment soon!
I can't wait to hear more about homeschooling and how that goes as well.
Adree

Evan and Jamie said...

Hey!
I am glad to hear that the visit went well. We have been crazy since moving here! We are also homeschooling this year--something I majorly struggled with. What curriculum are you using? I am excited that Dave is coming home soon. We still pray for his safety everyday! Miss you guys and hope all goes smoothly!

The Jones's said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well. I hope the move goes well, and the homeschooling, too. It's a big change, but it's about what works best for your family. There is so much homeschooling can offer, I know I loved it, and plan on doing it with our little one.