Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is such a special day for me.  These last few years have been so hard because for us, thanksgiving is about family and Dave has been gone.  And then the years before that, we were away from family.  So this was a special year for us.  I love seeing the Legacy that I married into.  This picture does not even show everyone in Dave's family and yes these are his brothers and sisters and their children so immediate family!  Because of the size and diversity of their family, we eat thanksgiving lunch, although if they move the time up any further, we will have to start calling it breakfast!  I wish I could say the exact count here, but I am close My inlaws, 10 children, 10 spouses, and 46ish grandchildren!
 We then went over to my mom's house for dinner.  Again, what a great Legacy!  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so much family.  I am thankful to value family and thankful that my mother and mother in law also valued family.  My parents, 6 children, 5 spouses and 14 grandchildren!
 My mom once again ordered a bouce house and it was so fun!  This is helpful to keep the kids busy.
 She also requested that we each bring a "carnival" game to play with the kids... we had throw the paint colored balloons.
 toilet toss
 unpictured was a bob for apples (which is disgusting by the way!), milk toss, ball toss, and bb guns?  Mom also made a checkers board and we played human checkers!
 That night the girls went out shopping and the boys went to bed.  Apparently Laycee stayed up too late because what did I catch her doing on Black Friday?  Yes napping in shorts and a tee on the trampoline lol

0 comments: