Sunday, January 27, 2008

BODYCOMBAT




This weekend I attended a training this weekend to become an instructor for BODYCOMBAT. It is a martial arts aerobics class. I have been taking the class for almost a year now, and I was asked if I wanted to become an instructor. I was really excited about it. The training was completely horrible, but I made it through and I passed. Next I just have to practice and send in a video in three months to see if they will certify me. Then I will be a paid instructor. Our post here is the first Europe military installation to get the Les Mills programs. We have Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Step, and in 4 months, Body Balance and Body Jam.
Click the link above to find a gym near you that hosts the programs and you can view a demo below. I don't really know if it is legal to post this because the DVD says it cannot be reproduced in any form, but I found this video on youtube. They change the routine every 4 months, and this is the one that I am learning now. The video below shows a small clip from each of the 10 songs in the class. My specialty is number 7.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Lexi. I was glad to see you survived. I wondered about you all weekend. Keep working hard and you will get paid doing something that you love and will stay in shape. And maybe even modifiy it for pregnant moms.

Jessica said...

that is so freakin awesome!!!! i am jealous! you are going to be a hot momma!!! :D very cool!

Nancy said...

good job on passing! Just watching the video made me tired. It must have been a tough weekend!

Fosburgh Family said...

Wow good for you! That will be a ton of fun. I am awful at things like that... no cordination I guess

Anonymous said...

Hi, so, are you giving the class right now?
Where do you live?,
im loking for body combat classes in phoenix az, in google, and your link came up, so, are you in Phnx?,
can you please contact me?
or if u arent in phnx, tell me where did you take the training, please..

thank you.
At, Dania
danup@hotmail.es