Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4 Months

We are quickly approaching Dave being gone 4 months. I have to say that moving in with my mom was one of my better choices. I have to be thankful that I get to talk to Dave nearly everyday. He almost always seems to be in happy spirits and I definately feel like we are blessed. As I was communicating on Facebook today with a fellow wife of a deployed soldier, I realized that lately my patience is wearing thinner. We made it through the holidays missing Dave but ever so greatful to have loving family to distract us. Thankfully, I am starting a new semester of school in hopes to put off some of the anxiety about him being gone so long. I am also thankful to be here with my mom who does all the chores I hate (laundry and dishes). And as much as I can see the blessings in my life... nothing can take place of the daily interaction with my best friend. Let's hope the next 8 months go by fast!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I think about you all the time. I'm so glad you decided to get back to school and move in with family. I think having a hubby in mostly good spirits helps too. And the daily phone calls... I felt a bit guilty about getting them because some wives rarely hear from their husbands... but they sure help! I remember crying to you at 3 months... with 1 year to go. BUT... at least you are in the midst of it all which means time is passing and he'll come home sooner than later. Your picture on the side is adorable. We miss you tons. Loves.