Sunday, March 14, 2010

1/2 Marathon

The end of January, I ran my first 1/2 marathon. I don't know why I decided to do it now as opposed to when I was in good shape lol, but I did. Dave helped encourage me to do it and we started training "together". Which means we really just talked about it and shared running heartaches each day. The run is called London's Run and they donate proceeds to the London fund which is then given to help cancer patients. It was a good cause, so the kids ate breakfast with Kevin while I ran.
And they waited, and waited, and waited.
And I was so excited to see them and my brother/sister-in-law at the finish line.
I learned a lot about long runs from this race. I was so excited to get a little experience and look forward to my next one. I don't know for sure, but I might try a triathalon next. I am not a strong swimmer and I hate biking (because I always crash), but it could be a challenge and fun to do. Running is a passion of mine. Always has been so I hope to participate in more races one day.



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, I'm totally impressed. We were going to do the 5K on Saturday but we decided to sleep in instead. I thought I might be able to walk half of it. Maybe next time... and then maybe I can walk the whole thing. I'm hoping to get back to the gym in a few weeks... when my stupid incision stops hurting.

The Jones's said...

That is awesome! I hate running, and so does Joe, even though he is faster than most sprinters I know, but it is neat that you are into it. Good for you!