Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Classroom

Since we are homeschooling, I set up a classroom. Having the classroom took some space from the "home", but I am so thankful for it. It really helps the kids get ready for school each day. This is their art center and some of their artwork they have completed.
This is the front of the room. The map and calendar.

Haylee has online spelling homework everyday and every few lessons they both have math or technology work online. This is one of the few centers that I get no complaints about!
Haylee and Trent's desks. This is where they do all their work. The extra chair in the front is where they sit at the "teacher" desk so I can teach them. Yes I make them wear uniforms. Yet another way that I help the kids separate "home" from "school". They change out of their clothes after school is over.
Laycee and Logan didn't want to share, so we split the art board in half!




Sometimes in order to get Trent to do his writing, I have to elicit the help of Dave. Dave and Trent have a special bond so when I am desperate, Dave is my go to man.




Haylee's latest artwork above is a drawing of an animal using geometric shapes. Trent's below is a tunderstorm like shown in the little picture.




We have been loving homeschooling overall. Some days provide challenges and learning everything about the coursework has taken time, but we are thankful for the extra time together.

1 comments:

Evan and Jamie said...

Lexi, it looks awesome! I'm bummed we don't live by each other! We are enjoying homeschooling more then I thought we would too! The kids LOVE it! You guys looks great and we miss you!