Thursday, July 7, 2011

Haylee's Birthday

June 11, Haylee turned 9! Each year I wonder where the time went, and each year I still cannot figure it out. I suppose it is all lost somewhere in the mix of school and the day to day living. Anyway, she has been wanting a fish for a while, so she was able to pick one out for her birthday.

We had just a family birthday this year, with just me and the kids.
Dave bought her new earrings. This is quite the feat since she appears to be allergic to every karat we have tried up to this point. So... lets HOPE that she can stick these out.

We made strawberry homemade ice cream, her favorite.

And sang Happy Birthday.

Haylee is such a sweet, sensitive girl. She likes to be entertained from sun up until sun down and does not do well entertaining herself. But she is the most amazing helper and really notices when I need her to do something. She it a great big sister and rarely complains about spending time with the younger children. She is my little laundry girl and even though she moans about it, she gets the job done. I am thankful our lives were blessed with such a special little girl. Lately, she has been really sensitive to right and wrong. She was recently trying on clothes and the skirt was a bit too short. I asked her if she liked it and she said, Dad would definately not approve. But I was impressed she knew enough to feel uncomfortable wearing it. These types of moments have been more numerous lately and I love that she is growing into an amazing young woman ready to make Christ-like choices. She truely is special.


Happy Birthday Haylee!









0 comments: