Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Decade

10 years ago, Dave and I were married.


Here we are today. Each year comes and goes and each year, I just cannot believe another year passed. Lately, I have been really pondering what happened with time. I often wake up in a moment of where did the time go. It felt like just yesterday, Dave and I were celebrating six years. And then I remember what happened... twins, a couple moves, a deployment, and a change in jobs. It has been quite the ride for the last couple years. But, today, Dave and I have reached a decade married to one another. Again this year, we are separated. And again, he is in the middle east, but to me, it just felt special that we are making life work together despite the trials and adversities we have faced. I love Dave more now that I did the day I married him. He is truely and amazing man. I said to myself, that after 10 years of marriage, a couple needs a new bridal shower all over. The kitchen towels and washclothes are falling apart. The pots and pans are warped. The ice cream maker no longer fits the size of the family. The bath towels no longer make a set. And the mattress is just plain uncomfortable. However, after 10 years, I find myself more fond and more comfortable with the man with whom I have shared the last 10 years. We have helped each other and supported one another. And even though our sheets have holes from children and the wash clothes never come clean, our marriage is not indicated by those physical items that have fallen apart. I like to think that we are just beginning a quilt with unique squares representing different times in our lives. I cannot wait to see what the next decade brings.






1 comments:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

awwww what a great post, Lexi! Congrats to you and Dave, even though he's far away! You guys are such a great example :)