Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Catch Up again

I feel as though life has been one string of "catch up" for years now.  Maybe it was the time that Dave was away.  Maybe it is my lack of organization.  Maybe it is just being a mother.  Who knows?  Regardless, I am trying to leave this legacy of memories for the children.  I want a legacy of memories for all our future generations.  This blog is my genealogy.  This is my chance to share our day to day.  Unfortunately as time and life have grown ever more stressful and thin, I have not done as great of a job.  But, here are a few more pics to log in the "book of remembrance".

 This is the "tree" we made for some of our friends... May your Days be Merry and Sprite.  The Dr Pepper was on the top as the star.
 We had the annual Higbee Nativity event.  This year they acted out the Nativity.  Haylee was Mary and Jarom as Joseph.

 Our sweet choir of angels.  I don't know why I didn't get a whole group picture.  I love the family that I married into.  There is an abundance of these sweet special spirits from our Heavenly Father.  Each are unique and on their own journey to heaven.  I love them and am thankful for this chance to be a part of their family.
 Our sweet baby did not appreciate being awoken on Christmas morning for presents.
 The bounty.  We chose a few years ago to steer from Santa and now we have the "Three Wise Men" visit.  We teach the children still of the spiritual and commercial traditions, but we are not visited by Santa.  In our switch has come a greater appreciation of Christmas as well as a VAST decrease in the stress related to Christmas.  Our children receive 4 gifts, one from us and one from each of the wise men.  I believe this will pay off greatly in the future when they want very expensive presents.  They each go to the dollar store and get something for one another as well.  But I am thankful for this shift that has taken place.  We have made Christmas about the traditions as opposed to the gifts and that is amazing.
 I can't remember if I posted this picture or not, but just as proof, the children still visited Santa his year!
  I know it is late, but I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

0 comments: