Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trying New Things

I got the pasta kitchenaid attachments some time ago and so I tried out my first pasta... a spinach pasta.  We each a lot of spinach here given that is it super good for you, high in protein and vitamins.  So this was fun to make a spinach pasta.  We mixed it with some grilled veggies and pesto... YUM YUM!  I have since tried a brown rice/ quinoa pasta as well.  I would love to try adding spinach to the brown rice/quinoa pasta!
 My sweet brother and his wife thought of me on my birthday.
 So this isn't me actually trying something new, but wishing I was brave enough to try it.  I saw this in a magazine while waiting for my mom to get her hair done and let me tell you, I was inspired.  I would LOVE to do this to my hair.  What keeps me from doing it?  One the purple, even though that is the main part I love.  Two, the upkeep cost.  Man, I just cannot afford upkeep on my hair.  So instead, here sits the picture for wishful inspiration.
 Our night out at the theater.  We just happened to have tickets to Peter Pan on my birthday!  It was so fun for a night out at the theater.  The children love the theater and we loved being there.  My sister in law gets discounted rates, so we try to go twice a year.  This coming year we cant go (bummer) but we can always hope again for next year.


0 comments: