Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Doctor Visits

Before I tell you all what is going on, I wanted to say thank you all for your concern. We appreciate it. Okay, so yesterday I was taking Haylee, Logan, and Laycee in for routine check ups since they all needed something, but since the babies were sick, I figured that I could kill 2 birds with one stone. So here is the report and it is not pretty lol.

I was taking Haylee in because she also has cafe au lait spots. Since neurofibromatosis can be genetic and they are checking Laycee out, I felt like Haylee should be seen. Well the verdict is, the doctor has to get back with me after she talks to the neurologist lol. But she definately has over 6 spots which is one of the diagnosing criteria.

Logan just needed a follow up on his weight. He was 8.4 kilos in March and now he is 9 kilos. He is still way below the weight chart, but he is finally tracking on a curve. Next step... see the nutritionist and get a calorie count. The doc wants to put him back on pediasure, but I don't because then he stops eating. As for a sickness, he has a severe case of pink eye, but nothing that can't be cured with a little medicine.

And now for the drama of it all. Laycee was just supposed to be seen as a follow up to her visit in Germany. I wanted to enroll her in the Army medical program (efmp) so that as they assign Dave's next duty station (which isn't too far off), it will have access to a neurologist, which is what she needs. Anyway, she also has pink eye, and as I mentioned was vomiting and having a high fever (up to 104.3). The high fevers are common for her. It is just how her fevers go. I was not too stressed about that at all really.

So, the doctor said she definatly has pink eye, then she has one ear infection and the start of a second one. And she was dehydrated. So, they did a bunch of lab work and hooked her up to an iv. Her lab work was normal, but she might have a urine infection also. She has a yeast infection. She got two doses of iv fluids and iv antibiotic in between.

After almost 4 hours at the doctors office, we came home with a get back to you on Haylee, pink eye for Logan, pink eye, yeast infection, dehydration, and maybe urine infection for Laycee. All in all, it was just a story of my life visit lol. But you know what, I am thankful because we avoided the hospital. I hate the Italian hospital.

So thanks for letting me complain!

4 comments:

The Jones's said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of that. I don't know how you deal with 4 children, and all of their medical needs. The thought of getting to deal with just one tires me out. Although I have been sick with what they thought was Bronchitis but I have done a second round of meds and it hasn't gone away, so I will probably have to go back to the doctor, again. I am so sick of seeing doctors. Hopefully they can fix me soon.

Angela said...

ah..the wonders of antibiotics. Laycee should be feeling better soon. Poor girl. At least you could get it all taken care of on post!

Angela said...

and I wanted to say...congrats to Logan making the growth chart! Finn just went to the nutritonist yesterday, and he gained an average of 11 grams a day this past month....now he is up to 18.6 lbs! (and also back on the growth chart.) I give credit to my 1 c heavy cream, 1c whole milk instant pudding for breakfast...he gobbles it up.

Emy W. said...

I hope you know that your kids are in my thoughts alot... good for you for being such a great mom and taking such care of them, and I hope everyone gets better soon!