Tuesday, January 13, 2009

That Time Again

Well it is time again for the quarterly release of our new Les Mills classes. And once again, I have been trying to practice as much as possible. The move has made practicing a lot more difficult, but I love the Launches. The launches at our gym bring out the best of our classes. I wanted to be part of that once more before i leave here. So, this week, I won't blog much becuase I will be getting in all the extra practice I can. On youtube.com, I found a few videos of releases. The first is Body Jam 47. I have found that I LOVE Body Jam becuase it is so relaxed and just a class to go, hang out, and dance. I don't have to instruct perfectly and the class doesn't have to dance perfectly. So, here is the last track of the class.


This release, I feel like I have kind of tried to fool myself. I have always loved Body Combat, but as I focused on Body Jam, I felt like Jam was more me. It was a class designed for someone like me. But everytime I do Body Combat there is no denying that my heart will always belong in that class. Combat is so empowering and calming. I just LOVE it. Combat will always be my favorite. Below I have a video of the intro to the release. I couldn't find one that showed a class, so this is as good as it gets.

4 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

Lexi, follow your heart, but don't give up on your dreams.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! I've taken Body Combat and survived, and I rock in Body Flow but I'd end up in a body cast if I tried Body Jam! It did make me feel better to see the class nowhere near in sync and even the occassional person going against the herd. Huge kudos to you for keeping yourself in such good shape and motivating others to do the same!

Angela said...

I am still so impressed that you have done all this work to get certified to instruct! It seems I can hardly motivate myself to take a walk...Will you keep it up at Lewis?

Mandi Napoleon said...

So I am very interested. Do you have to go to a gym to do the classes or do they have videos you can do at home?