Tuesday, January 27, 2009

After 6 Hours

Well, this is the first internet connection I have had in days. So, I wanted to catch everyone up as to where I have been. Last Tuesday we shipped our final shipment of goods. Wednesday, we cleaned. I mentioned that Laycee was pretty sick, so Thursday we took her to the doctor. We got there at 830 and left for the hospital at 3. She has too many things going on which caused some problems. Throwing up caused a cough which contributed to the fever which indicated a urine infection which was complicated by dehydration that resulted in acidosis (the pH of her blood was off, come to find out is what happened when she got RSV and nearly died earlier in her life)... So, we went to the hospital and spent the night. Meanwhile, Dave was cleaning. Had a friend come over to pick up Haylee and she got stuck in the muddy backyard. Took him an hour and 2 other guys to get her out. And what does she say? Thank you, but you broke my car! Yeah, he was mad. The next day, it was assumed that after lots of IV fluids and two rounds of IV antibiotics, Laycee should be released, but when the doctor did the final exam, she was not so sure. Thankfully, she called the american doctors and asked what they wanted to do, and they said I could go home as long as I promised to follow up the next day and get the oral antibiotic. I was taking it. Got home, and cleaned.... and cleaned... and cleaned until Monday morning. Laycee got put on a preventative urine infection medication and we got our government stuff picked up. The landlord came in the afternoon, and THANKFULLY didn't charge us too much for the damages. And we made it to the hotel! Sigh, it was a long and nerve wracking week but it is over. Now we are almost done here. We are ready for a vacation. The only thing left to stress about now... our final utilities bill! Dang, utilities are EXPENSIVE here! Thankfully, I didn't fall over dead when Dave told me becuase I had such a wonderful morning with my friends here. So... thats our life. I am off to relax a few more minutes. CIAO

3 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

Seems like an eternity, but really just a moment in time. Hope the oral antibiotics can keep Laycee heatlthy. Maybe teh Doctors here in the states can help with the problem too. But soon your new adventure will start.

Angela said...

well....at least she's on the road to recovery. I'll bet you are happy to leave San Bortolo (sp?) behind! :-) Now you just have to make it though the long flight to the states....good luck with that!

The Jones's said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of that. I can't imagine yet what that must be like, and I am not looking forward to the first illness. I am a worrier and know that it will be hard, but that what's being a Mom is all about. :) I spent most of yesterday in the hospital, and have yet to blog about that fun experience. :( Good luck with everything else!