Saturday, October 24, 2009

Farewell

Well the sad day arrived (nearly a month ago now) when Dave had to leave. It was a very hard day to drop him off and know it would be a year before we were living together again. He will have a two week break somewhere during this year, but we dont know when. So, we wanted to get one last family photo.
And each of the kids had their chance to say goodbye.



Even looking at these pictures is hard. It was a long exhausting day as after we dropped Dave off, we went back to the house to finish cleaning. Then we went to lunch and back to the house to finish packing. After packing, we waited for the landlord to come, went to the bank to deposit our returned deposit, stopped at a friend's house where we spent several hours while we waited for Kevin to come in town. His flight got in about 9pm and then we took off on the road for AZ. I thought it would be a hard day, but in reality, knowing that I still had 3 days of traveling ahead of me helped me not dwell on Dave being gone. Thankfully we live in the modern age of internet and phones so we are still able to communcate with him, nearly daily.





3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yuck, I'm sorry Lexi. I am on month 9 of a year deployment and it is not easy. I am glad to see you are going to be with family, I hope that helps.

Nancy said...

My eyes are leaking. Glad you have something "different" to be doing while he's gone. It helped me to explore Italy and have fun with friends (you) when Aaron was gone. Somedays will seem like it's going super slow... some days you can't believe how fast it's going. I don't look forward to Aaron's next deployment. Looks like he'll leave a year from when he got home... April. At least he'll be here when the baby's born. I hope everything is going okay. I miss you like crazy. Most of my friends have moved away now, guess I just need to make new friends. blah

Jenny said...

oh Lexi this makes me so sad. I hope this year goes by quickly.