Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time

Time, there never seems to be enough of it. I heard from a friend one time that she tried this when her husband was deployed. Everyone knows your children help you out. So, for every time the kids help me, I add time to their clock. So since they are saving me time, I add time and give it back to them later. Haylee cashed in an hour of time one night after the other kids had gone to bed. We just cuddled and watched a movie together. So, I love the idea. They earn time by helping me and I have a set amount of time to give back to them when I am not as busy. They seem to really like it and are more willing to help knowing they will get time back in return.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great idea!! Time means more to kids than anything so I can see why they would try hard to earn it!! I'll have to try it.

Stephanie Walter said...

Great idea! You're such a good Mommy :)