Tuesday, July 13, 2010

9 years...

To start, I wish I had a picture of us together to post, but the "old" ones are on the other computer that has no internet connection and there are no new ones. So, today I write just words. Today is our 9th anniversary. It has been an up and down 9 years. I have to admit that we are so blessed even though right now would be part of the down. In the last 9 years, Dave have become a pilot, joined the army, finished his bachelors degree and started a masters degree. I have completed my associates degree, had four children, been certified to teach group fitness classes, and complete my bachelors degree in 4 weeks. What blessings we have had. Through the years, he has become my chauffuer, my problem solver, my therapist (when I just need someone to talk to), and my best friend. He has loved me through my many stresses, through our many moves (which makes me a basket case), and through our many sacrifices. We have encountered some hard times but worked together to overcome. He has been gone for 9 months right now and how blessed we feel to have the internet. The separation has changed our marriage yet we are so greatful for our committment to one another. Today there is no pampering one another or trying to make a special day for each other. We live on opposite time schedules so we don't even get to "spend the day" together, but we are so thankful for what we do have and I am so thankful for the last 9 years. When I was 18 and getting married, 5 years felt like an eternity. Then when I was 24 and getting ready to have 4 kids, I couldn't believe how fast the last 6 years had gone. Now that I am 27 and we are at 9 years, I can't wait to spend the next 9 years together. Time is so precious, it goes so fast, and we never know how much of it we have to spend with one another.

So here is to a blessed 9 years and to another hope filled 9 years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that was really moving, Lexi. Thank you so much for sharing that perspective you have on your relationship and sharing with all of us what it would be like to go through what you are going through. Congratulations to 9 years together and I hope you have a Happy Anniversary remembering the good {and the bad} times you've had so far.

Evan and Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary!! We miss you guys and are praying for Dave!!