Saturday, July 17, 2010

Homeschool

So we have decided to homeschool this year. I looked all over for different programs or textbooks to decide what I really wanted. After much debate, comparisons and looking around, we decided on Calvert School. It is based out of Maryland. The day the supplies came, the kids were so excited to open the boxes. That poor FexEx man... these boxes are heavy.
This is Haylee's box complete with all the textbooks, workbooks, and supplies. Yes, even an art kit and paper.
I figured since I was teaching Haylee and Trent, it would be easier if I was also teaching Logan and Laycee. So I bought the preschool kit as well. It is so cool because it comes with EVERYTHING! Manipulatives, crayons, clay, everything.

And here is Trent's box. His was also very cool. Once again it came with everything. You can see his art kit and ruler pictured here.


Laycee didn't want me to take the boxes and put them in the closet. She is super excited.
The program is a bit expensive, but as I was looking around, to build my own program was just as expensive. I am really excited to try this for my first year since the program is laid out, tells what to do each day. The books give suppliment ideas for additional work and just gives you all the supplies needed to complete the course. Now all we need is a house in WA so we can get started!





2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! Looks like fun!!

Jenny said...

Your kids look so excited!! We keep talking about homeschooling but, I just don't think I am organized enough to do it. Emma keeps asking me to homeschool her because the work at school is too tough. She just doesn't get it that school work is school work no matter what. LOL
Good luck to ya! I hope you are successful!