Monday, January 31, 2011

Nostalgic

Unfortunately, I have no picture to post... Sorry guys! A couple days ago, I was working on an insermountable mound of laundry that never gets done. I have a system with the laundry too and it is ALWAYS behind but that is a subject for another day. So, I was folding kids cloths wondering how anyway can keep up with clothing for 6 people. And I picked up a pair of red pajama pants with white bears on them. I was taken back in time as I touched the fabric and saw the print. I remembered a time when we were in Italy and Trent was four. He was getting ready for SureStart and was all dressed and had breakfast. His backpack was ready and he wanted to leave for the bus. I looked at him and said, Trent, you are wearing pajamas. Why didn't you get dressed? He insisted they were not pajamas, even though they were in his pajama drawer, but they had a matching shirt. He insisted it was a wearable outfit. So, I let him go to school. We walked to the bus stop on that busy street next to the small Italian Cafe. He boarded the bus and off he went for another day of school. About 10 am, I get an email from his teacher. She was asking if he had a rough morning becuase he was in his pajamas. I explained the situation. She thought the situation was humorous... I guess teaching 4 year olds, you are always surprised. She responded that some of the kids were making fun of him for wearing his pjs to school but she explained to the class that some days kids just feel more comfortable in pjs and that different people wear all different types of clothing. I dreaded how he is going to feel when he got home. He explains a small incident on the playground and acts like it is no big deal. He was happy wearing his pjs. But... he NEVER wore them again. I am brought back to the present as I realize that I am no longer folding these pajama pants for Trent. I am no folding them for Logan.

In that moment, I still felt like I had a 5,4, and pregnant with twins. I cannot believe that tomorrow Laycee and Logan will be 4. I am excited they are growing and I am not still stuck in those days of hour long bottle washing and constant diaper changing and never ending crying. But as I folded those pajama pants, I wished I could go back and watch all the children grow all over again.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

And I wish you were still here with little twins too. It seems like Trent should still be 4. That's how old I remember him. Hahaha

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

That is really sweet Lexi. Happens to me all the time. But remember the tid bit on laundery. Have Haylee and Trent do their own and maybe take turns with the twins. Trust me you will teach them and they will do it.