Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sour Grapes

I know I promised more pictures of the house and happenings over here, but I had to interrupt to document a fond memory. When I was a child, I can distinctly remember my dad sitting down on the couch and playing the guitar. One of the tunes he played most often was Sour Grapes by John Prine. Well, tonight as we sat down to dinner and the kids ate their grapes, their first response was, "These grapes are sour!" And my response was "Say sour grapes, you can laugh and stare, Say sour grapes, I don't care". I don't know how many times over the years I have hummed the chorus of this song. It takes me right back to being a little girl listening to my father sing it while playing out the chords on a guitar. So for all of you our there, I searched high and low to share a piece of my childhood with you and my children. I, for one, feel like my dad sang it better, but here it is anyway.






Now next time you eat a sour grape, you too will think of good ol' John Prine.

1 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

As I started to listen to this Dave said, "thats the song Dad use to sing." I said yes, that is why Lexi posted it. LOL Did kind of bring tears to my eyes. I want all my babies back..........