Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Laycee Post Maybe...

The twins are really growing up and changing so fast. I can't believe how big my little 5 and 6 lb babies are now. With age comes personality. Laycee has always been so different from my other kids. There have been a million times that I have sat back and wondered where she came from because I swear she belongs to my sister Loni. She is a perfect mix of Loni and Dave and if she hadn't come from me, I really would wonder. To me, she looks more like Loni's kids and she is shaped like them, has skin like then, and most of all she acts like them. No I am not saying Loni's kids are bad, they just have different temperments than my kids. Mostly I remember Brooklyn always loving on babies... Haylee HATED babies.










Brooklyn always had to have things just so (like the paper off crayons). Laycee is very adament when she puts her mind to something and there is NO telling her otherwise.

Laycee is unbelievable sweet and overbearingly picky. She has so much of so many extremes. But one of the things Dave and I have noticed about Laycee is she can light up a room. People always notice her and always love her. And as soon as she smiles, your heart melts for her. Again a trait that Loni has. I say so often that Laycee was given to me so I will never forget Loni lol. I am kind of gonna make a jump in my head here, but that song Wild One by Faith Hill, has always reminded me of Loni. Everytime I hear it, I think of Loni. I heard it recently and the first image that came to my head was Laycee. Because
"She's a wild oneWith an angel's face
She's a woman-child
In a state of grace
When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee
He said you can be anything you want to be
She's a wild one
Runnin' free"
And this is our life (and how I picture our future life)
"They said change your clothes
She said no I won't
They said comb your hair
She said some kids don't
And her parents dreams went up in smoke
They said you can't leave
She said yes I will
They said don't see him
She said his name is Bill
She's on a roll and it's all uphill
She loves Rock 'n' Roll
They said it's Satan's tongue
She thinks they're too old
They think she's too young
And the battle lines are clearly drawn
She has future plans and dreams at night
When they tell her life is hard she says that's alright"





1 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

Laycee does look a little like Brooklyn, but I think she still looks a lot like Trent. But she is sweet. Those special spirits always light a room.