Saturday, February 4, 2012

40 weeks 3 days

I have a few more posts to add from December, mostly ones starting with Dave coming home!!  But its time to post about one special event. I had an updated due date of December 31st, following an early ultrasound.  And December 31st came and went with mixed emotions.  No one wants to go over their due date, however, Dave had just arrived home and we were trying to enjoy these last few days together before the baby came.  He had not been home since May, so this was precious time for us. 
 On Jan 3rd, I had my appt.  The doctor was surprised I had gone over my due date and scheduled me for an induction the following day.  The night about 6 pm contractions started in.  They had started and stopped before so we waited.  About 10 we headed to the hospital.  They spent some time taking history and I had committed to not having an epidural this time.  I didn't have one with Trent so I knew I could do it.  However, about 1110 when we were on our way to the delivery room, I told Dave that I changed my mind.  This is most likely our last baby and I wanted to enjoy this delivery and not be in pain. Well, we got into the delivery room and while the nurse was trying to get everything ready for my IV I informed her that the baby was trying to come out.  She checked things out and sure enough, he was on his way.  My doctor was not there yet and the on call doctor didnt help.  The nurse was busy with my IV and getting blood in case I needed a transfusion.  And at 11:38 pm William David was welcomed to our family.
 He came out a little blue but pinked up in some time.  He was 8lbs 2 oz, my biggest baby yet!  I had wanted a home birth this time around but it wasn't working out.  But this birth of his was as close to having a home birth as you can get in the hospital.  The IV was barely in before he came out.  He was born medication free and I did all of the pushing on my own when I felt like it was time.  The walk in doctor was useless... although she did catch him.

 I love these pictures with Dave.  William has such a short amount of time with Dave that I cherish these pictures knowing there won't be any more for a while.


Unfortunately my post is so late and he is already a month old!  But we love him so much and feel blessed to have him as part of our family.

1 comments:

Evan and Jamie said...

Lexi,
He's so stinkin cute! You are so awesome! I'm so glad Dave got to be there and things seemed to work out great! He looks ABSOLUTELY perfect!! Miss you and hope you are doing great!