Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 1

Since William was born at 11:38 pm, I had to spend a little more time in the hospital that I hoped, but it worked out ok.  I ended up staying until about 11 am on the 5th so it was really only a day and a half.  While we waited to leave oh so impatiently over the day and a half, I, of course, snapped some photos! 


 This was by far the easiest recovery of any of my children.  I do not know what was different this time around but it was amazing.  I was so lucky that the pain was more than tolerable so even post birth, I didn't take anything.  Now I almost needed something the for the pain nursing causes!  But, we managed.  Finally on the 5th, we were able to go home!  I searched everywhere for the perfect "take me home" outfit.  Finally at BabiesRus on clearnace, I found the perfect outfit!  Unfortunately, it turned out being a little big.




Even more unfortunately, I took him to church in it the following week and his diaper didn't hold up that day so now it is stained.  Now that he was home, we had to adjust to life post pregnancy.  I am still so thankful that Dave had some time with us so he could help with all of those adjustments!

1 comments:

The Jones's said...

I had no idea about the cramps that followed postpartum, exaggerated with the nursing. The nurses all told me that you only start to feel it with baby no. 2, and it can get worse with subsequent children. So I made them heat me up make shift heating pads, and give me pain meds as frequently as I could get them. This recovery has been much worse and much longer than with Isabella, but I guess it comes with the territory. :) I love my kids, though. So worth it all.