Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet Legacy

I was ever so lucky to receive an amazing gift from my father after Haylee was born.  This gift has been now used by 5 children.  It has been moved all over the world.  And it has been a safehaven for even the dog.  William was finally able to take his turn being pictured in the oak cradle.

My dad spent many hours taking apart the cradle my grandfather made for my brother and replicating one for me.  It is big and heavy and has broken a window or two.  Yet, in it holds such precious gifts from God.  All of my children have taken a turn in this cradle and when I  look at it sitting empty between children that fit in it, I am always taken to the memories of each of them in it.  I love the cradle and love seeing my sweet baby William taking his turn in such a heartfelt gift.

1 comments:

The Jones's said...

That's a really neat family tradition! Love it.