Saturday, February 11, 2012

House Upgrades

Well while Dave was home, he went to work on a few projects I wanted done but couldn't do myself since we moved in.  He has not ever lived in this house.  He did one walk through on the house after we had already begun the buying paperwork and then he went off to work.  So this was his first real time in the house.  First on my "to do list" was to FINALLY paint the top of this wall.  I had painted the wall like the first week we were here except I couldn't get up on the top to paint it myself.  So he did it for me.  I love it!
 One bad thing about him working on opposite sides of the world is time zones.  He would often wake at 3 am after many restless hours of sleep and go to work being as it was day his time.  One morning I woke up (at 6 am even) and he had all of the upstairs taped off and the kids were busily helping him paint.
 Another thing I hated about the house was these lights. The fans in the house have a brushed bronze look but then we had these lights.  They looked SO out of place and I hated them.  So he replaced them. I don't know how I don't have a picture of the new ones.
 This is what he replaced in the front entry way.  It was also a gold light thing. I didn't like it much, but I love this one!
He also painted the downstairs hallway and he dug up a dead tree and prepared a spot for me to plant an orange tree when the dangers of frost have passed.  He then took to the many odds and ends of the house.  I am so excited we are in a place we can call home and a place that we can take and make ours.  I am thankful Dave was home to do so many of those needed tasks.  

0 comments: