Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 weeks and goodbyes

Well Dave's vacation here was amazing, but as always, all good things come to an end.  This time as he was preparing to leave, I decided that I didn't want any sad goodbye pictures.  Those do document the memories of our lives, but I really wanted the children to end on a happy note.  So for his goodbye pictures this time, I took some of him and William.  And let the children just remember in their minds the happy time they spent with him instead of the tears at the airport.  So here are Dave and William.  William is 2 weeks old here and this is the night before Dave was headed out again.

 I love this one because I feel like they were communicating.
 What a sweet full eyed picture. 
 Haylee is such a little mother.
As Dave was leaving, I was really worried how I would manage a newborn and the daunting task of caring for the children.  I have been so blessed.  So many people around me brought in meals and really helped me get through the beginning.  The children have been understanding of the adjustments and shifts that have had to change in order to accomodate a new baby.  William does not sleep well at night, but thankfully, I have had the energy to make it through the day.  I have been ever amazed as this has been the easiest recovery from birth I have ever had.  I don't know what was different this time, but it was definately easier.  There have been adjustments, but overall, we have loved having William bring joy to our home.  We miss Dave dearly and really cannot wait to be with him again and at the same time, we are thankful for this wonderful little boy who brings something new to our lives.


1 comments:

Cari Florence said...

Lexi,

You are such a strong woman! I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you to raise your children with your husband so far away. I'm sure you husband is so proud of you and thankful that he married such a wonderful woman!