Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 Years Old

Feb 1, 2007 we welcomed these two amazing children to our lives.  Here we are in 2012 and I am yet again blown away by how fast the time has gone.  Seriously, when I look back, I wonder how the time passed so quickly.  It is a bittersweet thing for me to watch them grow older.  I love the freedom that a new year brings and they are able to accomplish much of their daily tasks on their own.  However, I miss enjoying every moment of their day with them.  They have started preschool this school year and next school year brings kindergarten!  It is exciting and sad to see my babies grow up.  Here is Logan contemplating whatever 5 year olds contemplate while waiting on Laycee to finish dance.
 They came home that day to birthday cards and money from GG Bink-Wink
 The next day, they celebrated some birthday fun at Chuck E Cheese.
 It was fun playing with Reagan and Sylas for their special day!
 Their birthday evening, Logan got a transformer on his cake.
 Laycee got yet another puppy on her cake.
 It wouldn't be a twin birthday without a twin picture.
They were happy with the festivities this year.  I decided that I think I am going to change birthday's.  Over the years, I have been trying to both simplify and make holidays more special.  After their birthday this year, I felt like it was time to simplify birthdays.  I am toying with a few ideas, but if you have a suggestion, leave a comment.  I am thinking of maybe doing a special they pick dinner or all day meal planning revolved around the children.  I don't know yet, but I do know that I want to celebrate their birth and not the "stuff" we get to do on birthdays.  Maybe by the time June rolls around, you will all know what I settled on!

0 comments: