Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Changes

Cha-Cha-Changes....

There have been some BIG changes in our house.  About a year ago, I was visiting with a group of friends and I heard about green smoothies.  I was interested in some of the claims being made so I spent several months researching them and learning about nutrition.  In February, the children and I started drinking green smoothies daily.  I purchased a program from greensmoothiegirl.com to help us change our current daily diet to one of more vegetables and whole foods.  So... here are some green smoothie smiles!




One day I went shopping for our smoothies and salads and I have to admit that I was super pleased and felt good when I got home and loaded up my fridge and it looked like this....
I know! Thats a lot of green.  We have loved some of the changes, some have been difficult and some have been tried, given up on and tried again.  However, the habit of drinking a green smoothie everyday has stuck!  Over the last several months, we have tried many recipes, loved some, hated some and had some that were just ok.  Recently I found a smoothie consisting of beets, carrots, strawberries, cashews, and coconut milk.  I love it!  The little kids love it.  The big kids hate it.  This has been a fun adventure for us and I can't wait to see all of the new things we try in the future.

1 comments:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Love those pics! You should send them to greensmoothiegirl! Thanks for your example! I have been trying to make changes, and it's thanks to you!!!