Monday, May 28, 2012

Produce

As you can imagine by our previous post about the smoothies, we go through a lot of produce.  So, we decided to try our hand at gardening.  I only wanted a 2x2 sq ft garden this year because I really don't have the time to care for it.  Thankfully, Trent has taken on the garden as a project for scouts.  Also, I have always dreamed of having a citrus tree, so a few months ago we planted an orange tree.  Dave had dug a hole while he was on leave, but when he went to buy the tree, the nursery said it was too early because of the frost unless I would dilligently cover it.  Knowing me well, he decided that would be an added responsibility so he left a huge hole there for me to add the tree when the danger of frost had passed.  I am so excited!  I can't wait to see how this growing stuff goes!!

0 comments: