Friday, May 25, 2012

Pinewood Derby

Trent was able to attend his first pinewood derby.  Here is his awesome car!

While Dave was home on leave in January, they gathered supplies and a book to help them craft his car.  Unfortunately, the car didn't get started but at least all of the supplies were there.  I had never done a pinewood car before, so one of the guys in the ward offered to help Trent make his.  Trent picked out the design and he painted it himself.  Trent sanded it and got it all ready.  I was not able to attend the pinewood derby but Dave's dad took him.  They said it was a lot of fun.  I met up with them after the awards and Trent had nothing but smiles and stories to tell.  I am glad he enjoyed it.  I have always felt like pinewood derby races were somewhat of a rite of passage, although I have to admit that this stuff is WAY to serious.  I have a competative side, but not when it comes to "games". Oh well, from my perspective, this year was a success!  Can't wait until next year when he gets to build a new car.

0 comments: