Sunday, May 4, 2008

Book Review

Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Okay, so yes, The Twilight Series from a few months ago triggered my interest in books about the vampire/warewolf community. So, this is another series. The three books follow through the life of Mercy Thompson who is a mechanic with a lot of friends and also a Walker. She can take on coyote form, but she is the last one living. She lives next door to the head warewolf of the area, she is friends with a vampire, and comes in contact with a few witches and fae. I thought the book was rather fascinating becuase it is a spin on the lesser species winning as well as integration of the paranormal in the human world. I thought the first book was a little rough because Briggs starts telling the story without giving any background at all, but it all turns out okay in the end. If you just keep reading, you will find out everything you need to know and actually be so into the story that you no longer care. They are full of action and a very compelling love story. I definately recommend these for your next trip to the library.

1 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

I started the Twilight series and although I somewhat enjoyed the first two books, it makes me worry about Bella all the time. Probably not a good series for me to read. LOL