Friday, May 9, 2008

Dave's Big News & Day 9

Well Dave thinks it is kind of lame, BUT, I felt like it was worth mentioning. Dave was promoted to Corporeal (or however you spell that). It is only a lateral promotion, so he is still E-4, but he is now an NCO (non commisioned officer). He is still one of the lowest enlisted in the office lol, but he is working up the ranks. He is hoping June or July to be promoted to Sargeant, but we will see how the points work out. He wants to be promoted by his 3 year mark.
So here is the military lesson. For promotion up to E-4, it is solely based on time in service and time in rank. There is a primary zone (where everyone gets promoted) and a secondary zone, where the command can push to get you promoted. Then for E-5 and E-6, you attend a board and then are promoted based on the cut off "points". The Army says we need x number of E-5. They go down the list from most to least and that is the cut off value. You get points from education, army training, awards ect. Dave has been short points since he went to the board, but this month he worked his butt off to try and get enough points based on the previous months. So.... we will see
But for now, I am proud of him for all he has accomplished.
So, this is my Day 9:
I am grateful for a husband who allows me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom so I can better appreciate my job as a mother and perfect it. I love being a stay at home mom, well most days, so this is day 9.

4 comments:

The Jones's said...

Congrats to you all! That is really great! I will update my blog again soon, and I will tell everyone that reads it (Which isn't very many people, :) ) why I have been such a slacker! :) Where are you going after Italy? How soon is that move?

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

The Lord blesses us in mysterious ways. Congrats and keep up the good work. It really is a big deal, Dave.

Nancy said...

Congrats to Dave. And Happy Mother's Day to you Lexi!!

Angela said...

Congrats to your family! I hated waiting for promotion points. Hopefully Dom should be going to the board for E6 next month...a year later...grrr...stupid military.
I hope you had a very happy and relaxing mothers day.