Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Book Review

Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice

Edge of Winter is about a town who built history on a German Sumbarine sunk off their coast. A real estate mougle comes in and plans to dig up the submarine and take it to another state to make a museum. The book follows the memories of the war and relationships that were ruined as a result. But it is ultimately about the actions of a few teenagers who want to save the Snow Owls habitat.

I am generally a Luanne Rice fan, but this was not my top book for her. I am not much for reading about saving the animals or the horrible effects of war (Dave is in the army so I try to forget about that stuff lol). I thought the book had two amazing love stories and a great repair of family relationships but I felt like the story itself was kind of dull. I kept wanting to skip the story part and move onto the people part. If you are out of books to read, pick this up, but if you are not, choose a different Luanne Rice novel.

0 comments: