Monday, April 4, 2011

Family Night

We have been making a huge effort to make our family night more meaningful. We have recently started letting Haylee and Trent teach the lesson. We have not always been perfect about doing family night, we have gone through spurts. Often our family nights have not been very meaningful. So, we have been making a better effort, whether it be about the importance of caring for our bodies while we take a family walk for the activity or if we are learning about baptism because Laycee keeps changing the subject to baptism instead of repentance. Whatever it is, we have noticed more enjoyment in our family nights since we have been making an effort to make them more meaningful.

So Haylee taught us about David and Golieth on this particular family night and she chose Sundays for dessert. I bought ice cream for this occassion, but usually I just let them put the toppings on the bananas and strawberries. It was a nice fun snack. I am thankful for the time on Monday that we devote to family night, it has greatly blessed our family.

1 comments:

Sarah Galloway said...

I commend your efforts!! I am not very good at family night, mostly because I have realized that I am totally unorganized! You have inspired me to do a better job in this particular thing. Thanks for posting it Lexi. I hope you are able to continue to make it better and more meaningful for your family. :)