Saturday, August 16, 2008

Darby, Piza, and Florence




Last weekend we went to Camp Darby near Piza. It was fun to get out and camp and to see a few of the sites. Here are some pictures of our adventures at Darby, Piza, and almost Florence.



Saturday night we went to Piza. This would have to be my favorite part of Europe is to see such amazing architecture. Paris was by far the best place we have see so far, but Italy is just so full of stuff like this. I love it. Piza is not really that great. Seriously, you walk into a couryard and see two buildings. That is all, but it was still amazing to see. I am really glad we made it there. So, enough chatting, here are the photos.

The Leaning Tower of Piza
The whole Family
This picture is so not fake. Dave positioned Haylee just right. She looks kind of like King Kong to me!
Me
Dave and I



Can't have an Italian excursion without some gelato!
The bridge near Piza. Julie and Terrilee's family walked along the bridge over to a really pretty church. But I was exhausted and it was 10 pm so Dave and I took the babies to camp. It was nice to have them almost asleep before everyone else came back.



On Sunday, we went to Florence. We had planned on heading home after sigteseeing, but I was really tired and ready to get home. So we all drove around the city where I took the pictures below. Then we parked and were going to have lunch, but I was ready to head out, so we sent the other two families on their bus tour and we ate lunch and headed back home.





Overall it was a great trip. The beach was closed which was sad, but the pool and a nap was a nice substitue. I was really tired by Sunday so I am not sad I didn't get to see more of Florence. It was fun to take the babies on their first camping trip and we are thinking about doing it again in December. We will see. We are toying with the idea of going to Pompeii and Rome for one last trip before we leave here. Who knows. Anyway, we thought about camping, but we might stay at the naval base instead. The base is closer to Pompeii and Rome. I guess we will just have to wait it out and see what the next few months have in store for us. I guess it also depends on where we are moving to next as well. We are on a count down so we have to see the last little bit of Europe that we want in case we don't make it back this way.

8 comments:

Terrilee said...

Your pictures at Pisa are AWESOME!!! Props to the Photographer!

Nancy said...

Looks like your trip was fun!! Great pictures!

Twinsmom said...

Beautiful photos Lexi! It sounds like it was a wonderful trip and one that, hopefully, your older kids will always remember.
Lori

Loni West said...

that is so neat that you guys were able to do all that! looks like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Lynda and I had the best time looking at these pics. The one with Haylee looks so real! You guys are awesome.

Fosburgh Family said...

These pics are so cool! It looks like tons of fun!

Kevin W. Fosburgh said...

wow..i love the piza pictures!

Angela said...

I miss Pisa...I know its just a tower...but its so cool. Great job with the photos! The video was good too. The twins are so darn cute!