Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Aviano

Boy, oh Boy am I behind. SO, I am just getting around to posting pictures from Labor Day! That was 2 weeks ago! Anyway, sorry for the delay. For Labor Day, we went to Aviano. They were hosting a church activity up there that we were invited to. Since it is a 2-3 hour drive, we all elected to drive up Sunday night and stay the night. Dave was on call, so I left him home with the twins and Haylee, Trent, Nancy, Jaron and I drove up to Aviano. We couldn't get a hotel room, so the Openshaw's let us bunk with them. So we got there Sunday about 4pm and played at the park until everyone else got there.
Trent couldn't get in the swing by himself, so he improvised.
Haylee was sick after this over and over, in fact, she almost threw up!
The boys enjoyed the teeter totter.
After that, we had dinner at the food court and I did some shopping. Time was limited, but I made time for shopping because I seriously needed some clothes that fit. Aviano is larger than here, so it was nice to see a larger selection of clothing. The next morning, we had breakfast at the Openshaws, and off to the activity. Haylee was excited to play volleyball!
Nancy and I headed back home about Jaron's nap time. And it took us 4 hours to get home because they closed the autostrada (tolled freeway). Thankful we had the GPS, but we really didn't use it. We just used our sense of direction and eventually found our way. Traffic was horrendous, but all it all, it was a nice holiday.

2 comments:

Angela said...

looks like a fun trip. And being on call...I forgot all about that. Dom always seemed to have it over the 4 days too!

Terrilee said...

Its better late than never... or at least thats what I'm always saying. This was a really fun trip! Sorry you guys had bad traffic on the way back.