Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st Day of School

As you all have guessed, school started. I know for many of you, it started SEVERAL weeks ago. The kids here started really really late this year. So, Haylee's first day of school was the 26th. Two days of school and then already a holiday. Trent's first day is today! Trent had his kindergarten orientation on the kid's first day of school. So here he is in front of his class.

Thankfully Kirra and Haylee are in the same class. I came to learn that they just let the kids off their bus and it is up to them to find their class. Well, they haven't had and open house. So Haylee just ran into Kirra and they showed her the way. I forgot my camera, so I am glad Terrilee was being a good mom for me.
This is Haylee coming home from her first day of school. I think she had a lot of fun, but she loves school. Thanks for the outfit mom! It made a perfect first day of school outfit.
So then today was Trent's first day. Kindergarten starts a week late because they are required to do home visits. I am used to the home visits from Sure Start for Haylee and Trent. But basically, all they do is come in and answer questions one on one and make the connection with the child. It is weird having a stranger come into your home, but it really is a nice way to start to build the trust between the parent, teacher, and child. Anyway, so his first day is today. Here they are at the bus stop. Yes, it is at the city bus stop.
Here are the kids getting on the bus. We live in an Italian home, but the block over, there is a governement leased apartment for officers, so there are a few kids that ride the same bus as us.

I was happy to put the kids on the bus, but now the house feels a little lonely without Trent hovering over me asking when he can play the Wii. Last year, I was happy to send them both off to school, Haylee for Kinder and Trent for Sure Start becuase the babies were a handful, but now, I don't know what I am going to do with myself. I guess catch up on reading I suppose.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay for school starting! The kids look so excited! Jaron loves looking at all the faces of Laycee by the way. I wonder why.

Angela said...

Lexi,
Congratulations on having two in school! You will get used to the quiet soon enough, and the twins will keep you busy making messes if they are anything like my toddler!

Fosburgh Family said...

Oh how fun!!! I can not believe you have 2 in school already!!!!Is Trent full day?

Pottruffs said...

I'm right there with you Lexi. Just sent my little boy off to kindergarten today for his first day. I'm so nervous for him, but now what to do with myself while both my children are in school. Hmmm, sure I can find something. So scary. House all to myself. Hope Trent's first day was great.