Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Can't Wait To Try This!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I was looking for pumpkin recipes. I don't know why, but I have been wanting to be such a homemaker lately. That is SO unlike me. Anyway, I am just obessed with cooking our decorated pumpkins. We don't carve them, just color them, so they are still good. So, the other night I made pumpkin seeds... more to come on that. And I was looking around on the internet and found this great homemade pumpkin recipe site. It shows how to make the pumpkin puree first and then gives GREAT recipes. I can even freeze the pumpkin to use throughout the rest of the season. Now many of you may be asking why in the world I would want to do this. And I have NO idea. I HATE HATE HATE pumpkin everything except pumpkin cheesecake. I am not kidding. So true. But we have 5 useable pumpkins that I just plan to chuck in the garbage in a few days. Why not use them? The kids might like it all. Anyway, if any of you are feeling especially homemakerish (is that a word?) then here is the site. I can't wait to try it. But I am thinking of adding chocolate chips to the recipe like on Jessica's blog. Those look better lol!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

A great site for pumpkin recipes is here, they have elevated the pumpkin to a gourmet status.
http://www.squidoo.com/favoritepumpkinrecipes

Jessica said...

o my word! i cant believe you dont like pumpking stuff! that is funny! it is like my favorite taste of all time!
good luck with the pumpkin puree, sounds like a great way to use it! you can make those pumpkin cookies with it. you can find a recipe on allrecipies.com, or someone posted a similar recipe to mine on my recipe blog!

Angela said...

Thanks for posting the site, convently enough I was thinking of making stuff out of our pumpkins too! (we must share the same aliment of homemaker-itis!) But I love pumpkin everything, bread, pie, muffins, soup...yum yum! Pumpkin beer, coffee...yup, I love it.