Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crafts

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we were on the lookout for new crafts. Well Nancy found a blog that posted a recipe for on how to make a haunted house. Sorry I never got around to taking pictures of the final project. I need to ask Nancy the website again because I can't seem to find it in my e-mail. So here is my request... nancy, can you leave the web address for this in my comments box so others can try it out if they want? Thanks!!
Laycee waiting for the house to set.


Trent is building his house.
Dave puts the frosting on Haylee's so she can get started decorating.
So we were having a little trouble with the frosting because I put in too much water, so Logan and I made a pumpkin grave yard instead.
Here is what Jaron finished with.
Other than that, I found an idea to make glue ghosts. We have to try this again. The site said to use styrophom plates and I didn't have any, so we tried wax paper, but the paper absorbed the glue instead. But they had fun playing in it anyway. TO make these, just create ghosts out of glue on the styrophm plate. Wait to try and then draw faces. So here they are playing in it.




Those are just a few of the crafts we have been working on. I think for Family Home Evening next week, we plan on carving and drawing on the pumpkins. Maybe I might even be ambitious enough to try and make recipes out of the pumpkins afterwards. We will see. Does anybody have ones they suggest?




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute pictures. I think this was the site:
http://www.makeandtakes.com/creepy-candy-halloween-houses

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

You can make pumkin soup. Sound gross? It was, but the family that made it, thought it was wonderful. I don't have a recipe though. Look on the internet. But you can't eat carved pumkins.