Thursday, October 30, 2008

Date Night

Last weekend, Haylee and I got a few hours away to spend with one another. Well, this time, Dave and I got a few hours away. We went with Tabitha, James, Julie, Sean, Terrilee, Chad, Dave, Lori, and her husband (i can't remember his first name and I try not to name last names) to Giada's. It was the first we have eaten there. We have eat at Ada's which is the brother, but never there. Anyway, it was really fun. Somehow we didn't get a picture of the two of us... and I looked good too lol. But I did get a picture of someones meal. Here is the fish... eyes and all.
It acutally looked really good. We started our meal with Caprese Bufala. Which is tomato with soft bufala cheese on top. Now is a good month for seafood, so I got Spaghetti frutti de mare. Frutti de mare is my VERY favorite and I LOVE it on pizza! Anyway, it is mixed seafood, usually clam, mussle, squid, shrimp and octopus. I absolutely LOVE it. That is one of the things I will miss most about Italy. Dave ordered tortellini. It was suprisingly good too. And then we also got a pizza which we didn't eat because we were so full, but starving by the time we ordered at 730. And as any good italian meal goes, we have to get gelato afterwards. I was a little sad because it isn't the fruity months, so it was just normal italian flavors, but I tried Nutella which was good. It was nice to get out for a few hours alone with other adults!

2 comments:

Terrilee said...

wow... we need to get copies of Tabi's pictures... The fish just doesn't quite cut it. lol

I think I acted more like a kid that night... my excuse... I was excited not to have kids with me! YAHOOOOOOO :D

Oh and by the way...this Carmel Dip is SUPER delicious. I hope there is some for everyone else tomorrow...cause I sure am enjoying it. I'll worry about the 20 pounds I'm going to have to lose LATER! See you tomorrow! :)

The Jones's said...

I am amazed you can eat something with eyeballs still intact! Joseph and I hate seafood (I like a few things, but not many), but the gelato sounds good to me! I also hate pumpkin, I don't know why, but I just don't like the flavor of it. I do like pumpkin seeds, and Joseph loves pumpkin seeds. The kids are really cute. I can't wait til our little one comes in a few weeks. My dished won't do themselves either, which is ridiculous, and I have to go do them in addition to working on unpacking, and more unpacking.