Friday, October 3, 2008

A little Culture Lesson

I was looking back at the old posts today while I was "studying" Body Combat. Needless to say, I didn't get much studying done. Anyway, I was looking at the pictures and in the last few posts, you see the babies ALWAYS in clothes, and usually in jackets or long sleeves. But then just a few weeks ago they were running naked with dirty feet always. (side note: I love the granite floors, but there is no way to keep them clean so our feet are always disgusting!) So, I was thinking about it. And the weather did cool off. We finally got in the rain followed by the fall weather. But our house is freezing! During the summer, we get so hot from being on the top floor and the winter we get really cold. So, I was thinking, I am about ready to turn on the heat. And as I mention to Dave that I am ready because we are cold at night, he reminded me that they just did the memo that day. Italian's don't turn on their heat until after Oct 15th and their air is June 15th I think. Okay, so last year we waited until the week before thanksgiving because it wasn't as cold, but I want to turn on the heat! We are encouraged to follow many of the italian ways since we live in Italian housing. As a result, we have almost 2 more weeks before we can turn on the heat :(
So that is where I remember how grateful I am that we are American and moving back to the states shortly. Oh the things I won't miss...

1 comments:

Terrilee said...

I say who cares what the Italians say, if you're cold you turn on the heat... Oh boy... I'll stop before I go crazy about the crazy Italian way of life!! ;0X But one things for sure, it cooled off REALLY quick this year. BRRR!!! I had to buy thick coats for the kids, because it's SOOO cold when we go out to the bus in the morning, the little jackets didn't cut it.