Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas morning, Dave and I woke up about 430... to no creatures stirring, not even a mouse. So... we tried to hurry the excitment along and we turned on the Christmas lights and opened Haylee and Trent's door. An hour passed before we heard some rustling. Finally about 630, we hear the kids go in the room. About 7, they ask Dave if we can open presents... FINALLY! When we gathered in the living room, they had taken all the stuff out of all the stockings.
So, while I cooked breakfast, they cleaned up the mess and woke Laycee and Logan... who were not happy about getting up early. At breakfast, Haylee looks and the cinnimon rolls and says, "I thought we always had monkey bread on Christmas." I guess I will not take the easy way out anymore. We do always have monkey bread, but I didn't feel like making it when I went to the store on Wednesday, so I didn't buy the ingredients. Leave it to Haylee's impeccable memory to leave me feeling guilty about our less than traditional Christmas breakfast.
We finally got around to opening presents. This is the only present Laycee would open. After this, she kept shaking hear head no. She didn't want to open presents, so we gathered hers together and had a hurried opening session in front of her later in the morning. She loved her presents though.


Logan loved opening his because each one had a ball and he was equally excited about each ball.



Later in the morning, I caught Trent jammin out on Logan's guitar.


Haylee looked adorable in her American Girl Kit outfit... Thanks MOM!!!
And of course, they played ALL day with their new Nintendo DS... again, Thanks mom.

Laycee and Logan fought over their poppin pals toy.

We cooked turkey, green beans, corn, and stuffing for dinner. And the kids began to wind down after their long day. Laycee fell asleep in my arms about 7 which never happens.

So I sent her to cuddle up with Haylee and finish watching Flushed Away.


All in all it was a good day and we were pleased with their level of gratitude. Thanks to all our family and friends who brought the kids a little more christmas cheer this year!










3 comments:

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

The dress is adorable. She would be so cute carrying her Kit doll with her.

Pottruffs said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas. I understand about skipping things this year. We didn't do the traditional gingerbread house, my daughter pointed that out. LOL I'm glad your family had a good day. Love your background, cute lady bugs.

Fosburgh Family said...

Looks like a great chrismtmas. I can't believe you got up so early. Tyler was sick and so was reagan so they didn't get up early at all! It was nice!