Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Dave's two weeks home can and went all to quickly. On his last night, the kids had their final "daddy time".
We played glo guns.
And then it was time to say goodbye.
They were all crying before he even got to hug them.
I think this picture is priceless.
I felt like this goodbye was much worse than the first time he left. To the kids, Dave was leaving for another 10 months even though we told them that it would be a short goodbye. We jumped right into life the day he left. He left early in the morning, but when I got home from the airport, we went right into the first day of school and trying to keep life as busy as possible. Dave only had 5 weeks left on his tour upon his return, which in comparison to 10 months is short, but no one like their daddy and husband gone for even 5 weeks. I was very thankful for homeschooling during those 5 weeks because it helped give us all a purpose and goal while finishing out his deployment. We are so happy he is home now!





2 comments:

cntaharrison said...

Lexi I have been horrible at keeping up with you. And my blog has been stagnent since Adam left but I was wondering if you were coming back to Fort Lewis?
Nichole Harrison

The Jones's said...

What will he do once he is all the way done? I hope he'll be home a whole lot more. I don't know how you sacrifice him so often, but we are all grateful for his commitment to this country!